DISCIPLESHIP : - 9. A guide to present day students who waste their life on decayed Communists thoughts, Think about Swami Vivekananda who in his short life span how much his contribution to the world, be like him, follow Swamiji for your Enlightenment - and not Yechuries, Rahuls, or Kejriwals.


Opinion

14./03/2016.

328.

All Members,

Respected family members of this great holy Nation.


Sub : DISCIPLESHIP : - 9.
(Delivered in San Francisco, on March 29, 1900)
By Swami Vivekananda.


Ref :   A guide to present day students who waste their life on decayed Communists thoughts, Think about Swami Vivekananda who in his short life span how much his contribution to the world, be like him, follow Swamiji for your Enlightenment - and not Yechuries, Rahuls, or Kejriwals.


9.

When I say "I", I mean this spirit.

Close your eyes and see what picture appears when you think of your "I".

Is it the picture of your body that comes, or of your mental nature?

If so, you have not realised your true "I" yet.

The time will come, however, when as soon as you say "I" you will see the universe, the Infinite Being.

Then you will have realised your true Self and found that you are infinite.

That is the truth : - you are the spirit, you are not matter.

There is such a thing as illusion — not one thing is taken for another : - matter is taken for spirit, this body for soul.

That is the tremendous illusion. It has to go.


The next qualification is that the disciple must have faith in the Guru (teacher).

In the West the teacher simply gives intellectual knowledge; that is all.

The relationship with the teacher is the greatest in life.

My dearest and nearest relative in life is my Guru; next, my mother; then my father.

My first reverence is to the Guru.

If my father says, "Do this", and my Guru says, "Do not do this", I do not do it.

The Guru frees my soul. The father and mother give me this body; but the Guru gives me rebirth in the soul.

Thank you for reading

 JAIHIND.

To be continued  ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRACTICAL RELIGION : BREATHING AND MEDITATION - 2.

The Realisation of the Absolute :3-5-1

HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS: 3 - Sri Swami Sivananda.