DISCIPLESHIP : -4. A guide to present day students who waste their life on decayed Communists thoughts, Think about Swami Vivekananda who in his short life span how much his contribution to the world, be like him, follow Swamiji for your Enlightenment - and not Yechuries, Rahuls, or Kejriwals.


Opinion

09./03/2016.

305.

All Members,

Respected family members of this great holy Nation.

Sub : DISCIPLESHIP : 4.
(Delivered in San Francisco, on March 29, 1900)
By Swami Vivekananda


Ref : A guide to present day students who waste their life on decayed Communists thoughts, Think about Swami Vivekananda who in his short life span how much his contribution to the world, be like him, follow Swamiji for your Enlightenment - and not Yechuries, Rahuls, or Kejriwals.

4.
The second condition is that the disciple must be able to control the internal and the external senses and must be established in several other spiritual virtues.


The external senses are the visible organs situated in different parts of the body; the internal senses are intangible.

We have the external eyes, ears, nose, and so on; and we have the corresponding internal senses.

We are continually at the beck and call of both these groups of senses.

Corresponding to the senses are sense-objects.

If any sense-objects are near by, the senses compel us to perceive them; we have no choice or independence.

There is the big nose. A little fragrance is there; I have to smell it.

If there were a bad odour, I would say to myself, "Do not smell it"; but nature says, "Smell", and I smell it.

Just think what we have become!

We have bound ourselves.

I have eyes. Anything going on, good or bad, I must see. It is the same with hearing. If anyone speaks unpleasantly to me, I must hear it.

My sense of hearing compels me to do so, and how miserable I feel! Curse or praise — man has got to hear.

I have seen many deaf people who do not usually hear, but anything about themselves they always hear!

Thank you for reading

 JAIHIND.

To be continued  ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRACTICAL RELIGION : BREATHING AND MEDITATION - 2.

The Realisation of the Absolute :3-5-1

HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS: 3 - Sri Swami Sivananda.